Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Another Dream - Terrorist Plot Foiler



Yet another dream. This one had relevance in two areas which I will summarize at the end.

In the dream I was heading to the airport for an international flight. I had a suitcase and a duffel bag with me. I arrived at the airport with time to spare. I decided to get something to eat and work on my computer. I lost track of time and then I had to scramble to make my flight on time. I had problems finding the correct ticket counter for my flight. When I found the ticket counter the airline representative said that I was too late to check my bags. She summoned a baggage handler to take my bags directly to the plane.

I went to the end of the counter to hand my bags to the baggage handler. He was a foreigner with an accent. He asked me to open my bags. When I opened the duffel bag I saw that there were a bunch of wallets stuffed with cash in the bag. They weren't mine. When the handler saw the wallets he said something to the effect of "I see that you have come through for us, my friend. With these explosives we will bring down the infidels planes over the water". I was startled but I did not confront him. I walked away as if I was going to catch my flight.

I knew I had to warn someone at the airport about the plot. As I walked left I saw a bunch of people working but none particularly interested. I went over to a car rental counter that was close by and put my hand on the shoulder of an older White female worker who was working at her computer. I told her that there is a plot to blow up an airline and that she must call for help. She was more disturbed that I touched her and thought that I was crazy. I started to go back to the same airline's ticket counter but I wondered if they all were in on the plot. Instead I went to a second person and this person had a similar response as the first. They thought that I was crazy and they were not interested in facing the facts because it would cause them to move out of their comfort zone of their day to day life. They were more interested in working than in dealing with the threat at hand.

As I woke up I was walking to a police officer.

In my interpretation the dream was both about terrorism as a primary message but also about how people can tune out the threats that are communicated to them. Just because you choose to ignore a threat does not make the threat any less. I also am interested as to why the wallets were in the bag. Maybe our purchase of oil from our known enemies is funding our own destruction.

No comments: