Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Trojan Condom Company: "Let's Fight STDs By 'Wrapping It Up' "

The "Evolve One Evolve Overall" Campaign



People - I am no prude. I was once a "frat guy" and I have had my share of sexual experiences. I marvel at the "Wrap It Up" campaign and the various iterations of it - as seen in this Trojan condom campaign to raise awareness of STDs and the need for condom protection.

Here is where I stand on the issue of premarital sex, accidental pregnancy, abortion, STDs and AIDS:

We will never have a time in this nation where young people that are highly juiced up on hormones decide logically to not have sex.

OK? There it is. I have come down off of my conservative high horse where some assume that "they didn't try hard enough to abstain and thus they are at fault".

My position remains intact, however. Just as the people demonize "Abstinence Education" their own projection is flawed if not more so. They seek to abstract sex from the possible negative outcomes of it - pregnancy, STDs and deadly HIV/AIDs. Rather than attempt to allow people's commitments to higher order structure in their lives the "Wrap It Up" crowd seeks to carpetbomb society with condoms and condom advertisements as their way to abstract people's behavior from the ultimate outcomes.

Thus the question of pregnancy or STDs or HIV is left to about 0.2 mil of latext that blocks the exchange of body fluids between one human and the other during sexual intercourse of any type - vaginal, anal or oral (I may have missed some other forms but you get the picture).

The perversion of this entire campaign is that it in effect dehumanizes the subjects into robots that only seek to get the nerve endings in their genital areas stimulated, RISK BE DAMNED!! In the questions surrounding the other areas of human order these secular progressives see the human animal as highly evolved and enlightened. But for the lack of resources from the society they are not able to blossom. Why is it when it comes to sex these same high order beings are not able to register the RISKS as well as their desire to obtain a better standard of living and thus not derail this with a deadly infection or a child that they don't want which moves them to the next branch in the decision tree? To abort or to allow to live?

This entire campaign is devoid of any particular value and confidence in the intelligence of the human being.

The best summation that I have heard thus far on the issue comes from Cardinal Welfred Napier of South Africa:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You said "This entire campaign is devoid of any particular value and confidence in the intelligence of the human being."

I don't have any confidence in the intelligence of the human being. I am surprised that you do. When an HB is born all you have is a potential little caveman or woman, listening to the wild hormones. In the the teens when the hormones run richest and wildest there is sometimes no, none, rational thought in their brains. So much of our population is growing up with not much education and little or no ethical or moral teaching. (I am sorry, I consider that most religions teach poor ethics or morals if at all.)

I would love to figure out how to keep young women of all economic classes from having babies at a young single state, before they are fully matured and settled in the world. What you get is essentially babies having babies, mothers and fathers both being babies. There is no greater disconnect than that between sex and babies. What further enrages me is that so many females appear to be irrational their entire lives, unable to think through a logical sequence. I had of course thought of the older generation that that was because the way they were raised. I thought that my generation would be better. In the higher classes in many cases that was so. But I have listened to more twaddle than I care to even think about from middle and young middle aged women. Magic think is one of the things that irritate me the most in the non-thinking I see around. But even that beats the vile manipulative thinking of some women that think they can get their vagina into a man and live on easy street.

Some where we need to figure out how to keep our young "cave" persons from sexual harm until they are "cool" enough to think straight.

Anonymous said...

You said "This entire campaign is devoid of any particular value and confidence in the intelligence of the human being."

I don't have any confidence in the intelligence of the human being. I am surprised that you do. When an HB is born all you have is a potential little caveman or woman, listening to the wild hormones. In the the teens when the hormones run richest and wildest there is sometimes no, none, rational thought in their brains. So much of our population is growing up with not much education and little or no ethical or moral teaching. (I am sorry, I consider that most religions teach poor ethics or morals if at all.)

I would love to figure out how to keep young women of all economic classes from having babies at a young single state, before they are fully matured and settled in the world. What you get is essentially babies having babies, mothers and fathers both being babies. There is no greater disconnect than that between sex and babies. What further enrages me is that so many females appear to be irrational their entire lives, unable to think through a logical sequence. I had of course thought of the older generation that that was because the way they were raised. I thought that my generation would be better. In the higher classes in many cases that was so. But I have listened to more twaddle than I care to even think about from middle and young middle aged women. Magic think is one of the things that irritate me the most in the non-thinking I see around. But even that beats the vile manipulative thinking of some women that think they can get their vagina into a man and live on easy street.

Some where we need to figure out how to keep our young "cave" persons from sexual harm until they are "cool" enough to think straight.

Constructive Feedback said...

[quote] When an HB is born all you have is a potential little caveman or woman, listening to the wild hormones[/quote]

Anon -

My strategy is three pronged.

First we need to tell the masses that THEY HOLD THE FUTURE IN THEIR HANDS.

Second we detail a clear vision of WHAT THEY CAN BECOME and the importance that they play in making all of this happen

Lastly - THEY MUST BE MADE to live with the consequences of their own actions. After the first 2 steps have been detailed and repeated in their minds if they choose to reject these things and pursue what you have indicated - then they have done everything necessary to end up as they are