Monday, August 17, 2009

Interracial Worship Services




I happen to attend an interracial, conservative leaning Christian church in the South.

I now sit in the same church as some White Southerners who's Southern drawl would have made me think they were automatically "racist" just a few years ago. Some of these same people have displayed warmth and openness.

I am an African-American. I notice that Black immigrants make up the largest portion of the Black people in our church. Caribbeans, brown skinned Indians and South Americans are abundant. There are only a few African-American people within.

I think that some of the historic Black/White battle that has engulfed our culture is a significant reason for the distribution among Blacks.

3 comments:

Smile said...

This post reminds me of Danian Michael, http://blog.politicalagenda.net/index.htm

Perhaps you are twins/one and the same? JK, tee hee!

As usual, great post.

Wish you'd make it easier to sign up for email updates...

Constructive Feedback said...

[quote]Wish you'd make it easier to sign up for email updates.[/quote]

What happens when you use the "Updates From" widget below?

If you know of another tool that allows me to send updated blog content via e-mail - please let me know.

Thanks

Tafaraji said...

It is so unusual that one would make assumptions about white folks, in the south, with pronounced Southern drawl. Especially if one didn't grow up in the south.