Monday, September 28, 2009

Chicago's Westlawn Community - From "Raisin In The Sun" To A Loss Of Consciousness



A conversation that I had yesterday made me mention the movie "A Raisin In The Sun". The movie centered around a Black family's struggle to move into a White racist neighborhood in Chicago where they were not wanted. I decided to do some research on Lorraine Hansberry and the movie in general.

Upon researching I learned that this movie which started out as a play had some real world elements to it with respect to the struggles that Hansberry's father hand in moving into the Southpark Subdivision in Chicago back in the 1930's. America and Chicago was segregated at the time.

Hansberry vs Lee


SpotCrime web site

1 comment:

Buy Kamagra said...

I freaking love those guys! Check them out now! You can make your own music video too if you go here (well kind of, its some interactive music video player but it's pretty cool)