Thursday, January 14, 2010

Singing Sensation Teddy Pendergrass - Dead At Age 59

MSNBC: Teddy Pendergrass dies in Pa. at 59


  • The Love I Lost
  • Miss You
  • In My Time
  • When Somebody Loves You Back
  • Your My Latest Inspiration
  • Come Go With Me
  • Turn Off The Lights
  • The Whole Town's Laughing At Me
These are the songs that immediately came to my mind when I think of Pendegrass.


Some of these songs were from his "Harold Melvin And The Blue Notes" days.  All of these songs have the footprint of his unmistakable voice and his soulful talents contained within.

In my CD collection that is collecting dust in my basement I likely have no more CD's from an individual male singer than Pendergrass - with the possible exception of Barry White and Curtis Mayfield.   All of these men were tremendous talents.
These are the songs that immediately came to my mind when I think of Pendegrass.

MSNBC story:
PHILADELPHIA - Teddy Pendergrass, who became R&B's reigning sex symbol in the 1970s and '80s with his forceful, masculine voice and passionate love ballads and later became an inspirational figure after suffering a devastating car accident that left him paralyzed, died Wednesday at age 59.

The singer's son, Teddy Pendergrass II, said his father died at Bryn Mawr Hospital in suburban Philadelphia. The singer underwent colon cancer surgery eight months ago and had "a difficult recovery," his son said.

No comments: