Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Systematic Black Inferiority

In reading the content written or focused upon by a person a light is shed upon their consciousness, their mind is exposed.

In reading the views of some Black people I am convinced that they are indeed damaged individuals. Their quest is to project their own individual deficiencies upon the 'Black race' where we all can share in their individual mental hangups.

A blog that was brought to my attention by the "Field Negro" blog is a worthy candidate for classification as "Systematic Black Inferiority". The "Will Caper's Blaque Ink" Blog is a documentation of one Black man's psychosis.

Would you allow a man who's "About Me" comments are as such to EDUCATE your children?  They will likely be indoctrinated and damaged rather than educated.


1. If I'm in a group of others who look like me, that is a cause for some kind of suspicion.

2. In order to not cause suspicion, I must be in the company of (mostly) whites.

3. If I move, I can be sure I will likely end up in poor neighborhood whether I want to or not.

4. If I move into a white neighborhood, it will be enough to arouse suspicion with my neighbors.

5. When I go shopping, I can be sure I will arouse suspicion and be followed around.

6. I will be sure that when I turn on the TV, I will most likely see others who look like me as ball players, criminals, clowns or overall failures of society.

7. When I turn to the local news on tv or in a newspaper, I can be sure most of the crime reported will have faces of suspects who look like me.

8. I know that my history is celebrated during the shortest month of the year and will likely not be celebrated any other time.

9. I know that most of the history taught is of history of mainly white people.

10. I can be sure that most of the stories I have to read for class are stories written by whites featuring white characters.


While Mr Capers' list is hailed as a masterpiece by many of his fellow Black Progressive-Fundamentalists that traffic upon Black inferiority - I can't help but see it as a "joke list".

Note in the first 10 items that there is no hint that we as a people - a free people - can do anything about the fate that has been documented.

He does not mention that it was Carter G Woodson who selected the month for "Black History Week". He mentions nothing about utilizing his blog as an outlet from which Black history could be garnered 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.

The purpose of Mr Capers' blog is not to address the inferiorities that he has listed.
Instead its purpose is to document them.

Compare the value of Mr Caper's "List of Black Inferiority" with the model that has been captured on this blog:

The Community's Permanent Interests

  • Safe Streets - So that the fabric of the community can be strengthened as individuals congregate together without fear
  • Quality Education - So that our young people can be trained into becoming the professional service providers that our community needs to retain a high standard of living
  • Thriving Local Economies - to allow goods and services to be exchanged, providing for economic sustenance and skills development of our people
  • Healthy Lifestyles and Relationship Outcomes - insuring that our people live long, loving lives that are fulfilling
  • Comprehensive and Enduring Solutions 
  • A Preference For Organic Solutions That Develop Our Competencies
The people who are more interested in expressing grievances over adopting a framework for a solution to be built upon make lists like the one that Mr Capers has posted.

Sadly even more established Black media operatives voice the views of Capers, dressed up in a more formalized cloak.

The Root.com:  How To Tell If Our Leaders Are Brainwashed:

You know black leaders are brainwashed when ...

1) ... they fear that talking about racism may hamper their success.

2) ... they roll over at the slightest hint of retaliation.

3) ... they allow avowed enemies to define their agenda.

4) ... they quickly retreat from already weak positions.

5) ... they swiftly throw another black person under the bus to appear less racist.

6) ... they are more concerned about status among whites than defending black people.

7) ... they equalize racism, making it a black and white thing.

8) ... they legitimize, tolerate or excuse white groups, pundits or individuals who race-bait.

9) ... they allow whites to redefine the meaning of ''racism.''

10) ... they accept the ''post-racial'' illusion as our reality.

Tom Burrell is a marketing communications pioneer, founder and former CEO of Burrell Communications, and an Advertising Hall of Fame inductee

Is there any qualification of "the Black Position" or "defending Black people" beyond anything other than POPULARITY? What about results, Mr Burrell? When a set of theories fail does your list call for them to be inspected and changed? Or should we stay loyal and 'try harder'?

4 comments:

Will Capers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Will Capers said...

Cultural Strategist, since you commented on my blog, it should be fair to comment on yours especially on a subject about what I've written.

You wrote: In reading the views of some Black people I am convinced that they are indeed damaged individuals. Their quest is to project their own individual deficiencies upon the 'Black race' where we all can share in their individual mental hangups.

A blog that was brought to my attention by the "Field Negro" blog is a worthy candidate for classification as "Systematic Black Inferiority". The "Will Caper's Blaque Ink" Blog is a documentation of one Black man's psychosis.

First off, these are not my individual deficiencies, nor my mental hangups. The list was made to describe the realities of a wide spectrum of blacks living in a white dominated society. As I've written they are not excuses, and I didn't intend to make them as some sort of victimology ballad. The point was that at anytime of our lives, blacks will likely have to deal with any that are on the list. There was no mention of any black inferiority assciated with it.

Second, you wrote: While Mr Capers' list is hailed as a masterpiece by many of his fellow Black Progressive-Fundamentalists that traffic upon Black inferiority - I can't help but see it as a "joke list".

Note in the first 10 items that there is no hint that we as a people - a free people - can do anything about the fate that has been documented.

He does not mention that it was Carter G Woodson who selected the month for "Black History Week". He mentions nothing about utilizing his blog as an outlet from which Black history could be garnered 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.

The purpose of Mr Capers' blog is not to address the inferiorities that he has listed.
Instead its purpose is to document them.

Ok. First off, what was listed in the first ten items are true for most blacks in this nation. Just because you haven't experienced them, doesn't mean they don't happen. Some items in the list vary and as I said are not limited to just blacks or did you miss that. Also, what has Woodson got to do with anything I've written?

Again, the purpose of MY BLOG is not to address or document inferiorities. My blog is to address truths about race, particularly blacks and whites, as well as try to debunk negative stereotypes about blacks that blacks themselves believe in. I've just started with my blog and I intend to do more with it, but I will not jump on the "blame the victim" or the "I'm a victim" campaigns.

Third, you don't think that the list made on TheRoot.com deserves attention? You don't think there are brainwashed black leaders out there today? You don't think that there are blacks with the money and power they have continue to do the bidding of white corporations at the expence of blacks? Okay.

Lastly, I've read Tom Burrell's book, and he did provide solutions as well as connected the dots that illustrated the causes behind the myth of black inferiority.

The bottom line is that you assume that I'm one of those negroes that want to campaign black inferiority. I don't care if you do or don't, but to defame me or my blog so much is childish. We could've discussed it rationally, and that would be the end, but instead, you chose to make a blog about how I'm supposedly out to make blacks feel sorry for themselves. That is not the case. Yet, you felt it was your duty to pick me, TheRoot, Tom Burrell, and whoever else as examples of systematic black inferiority without any real argument of why you think so. You seem to have a habit of ignoring truths and blaming others without any logical reason.

If you want to continue making me out to be the brotha to stay away from, knock yourself out, but I'm going to keep writing about truths and solutions regardless.

Constructive Feedback said...

I actually printed out your list and formed them into categories when I was on an airplane the other day.

Please allow me to digest your response and post my analysis of your list.

The notion that "Black people experience many of these items" does nothing to document the PROPORTIONALITY by which these forces are involved in the stifled state of some Blacks.

Constructive Feedback said...

(My reply from the Capers' blog)

Mr Capers:

"Compassion toward Blacks that are struggle" IS NOT going to develop COMPETENCIES by which they can become "UN-poor". I am honestly not sure if you know the difference.

With all due respect Mr Capers - look at the responses of the majority of the people who give you alms for your brand of "conditioned hopelessness". Do they contain ANYTHING that Black people can use to strengthen our communities OR are they mostly focused on linking in to your grievances and talking about what WHITE FOLKS do?

"Favorable People" are NON-BLACKS who's IDEOLOGY is agreeable enough for Black people to VOTE FOR THEM. (Meaning White Snarling Fox Liberals - like Tim Wise). They fit your "compassion for the Least Of These Negro" model as they are more interested in setting up systems by which the Negro can be FED more than one can detect their support of systems by which the Negro can set up INDUSTRY in his community that will assist him in feeding himself.

I beg you to find one article from Tim Wise in which he focused upon ORGANIC development WITHIN the Black community, never once mentioning WHITE FOLKS. Such a piece does not exist.

[quote]The problem is can not be solved by an overnight solution.[/quote]

The "light switch" analogy had nothing to do with TIME. It only had to do with the PRESENCE of RACISM. The flaw of the racism chasing modality is that it does not seek to quantify the FORCE that racism plays as a debilitator. I was thinking a few minutes ago that I have seen Jesse Jackson at more "Street Pirate on Black" murder memorials than I have seen him at "Klan murders" of Blacks.

[quote]
First off, what do you mean by tribal membership? In this country white people are not viewed as tribes, they are viewed as white people period and that comes with numerous privileges. [/quote]

Viewed BY WHOM IN THIS COUNTRY?

A White person can be a Progressive, a Conservative, A person with business interests. A "Jersey Shore" tuned out young person. All of these "tribes" but NEVER does he have his RACE stripped from him if he disagrees with the entity that seeks to enforce WHITE UNITY - as is the case with Black folks.

[quote]
Also, it's not a definite conclusion that if a white person assaults a black person that there's a racist motive behind it. [/quote]

Again Mr Capers - I choose to REJECT "Non-White White Supremacy". It is IRRELEVANT to me that a White who kills a Black was motivated by RACE. There lies a DEAD BLACK MAN at the end of his rampage. His knife cuts no more sharply than does the knife of a Black man who cuts a neck.

Seriously can you tell me which negative feeling WITHIN BLACK PEOPLE is equal to the feeling of RACIAL HATRED that you find superior in Whites? When the little 13 year old boy in Chicago was shot 22 times recently do you think that the feelings expressed by his (likely) Black killer was any less deadly than "racist" thoughts?

I am not sure, Mr Capers, that your interests are anything more than DOCUMENTING a grievance. Shouldn't the logic course of action be to make your people LESS VULNERABLE? Again what has Tim Wise (who appears on your list to the right) done to STRENGTHEN Black people to make us less susceptible to the force of RACISM?