This video has triggered a discussion on two important truths
- The "politics" of hair within the Black community is an issue that needs to be addressed by adults in an effort to have young people (mostly Black girls) form an understanding of the unique physical attributes of their hair as compared to other racial phenotypes. The length or texture of their hair cannot be allowed to fester into some sort of assumed inferiority.
- The present fixation on surface and material things that has Black women purchasing human hair extensions imported from India so that they can project a physical image that allows them to get beyond their self-consciousness is problematic. There are certain people (Koreans) that are profiting greatly from this inferiority.
- Accept your hair and put forth messages of coping with it
- Continue at the present pace and have many continue to profit
- Use the process of selection in reproduction in order to produce offspring that have attributes that are more in line with the type of hair that is favored.