Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Morris Brown Gets A Lifeline - Debt Reduced From $10M To $500K Payoff

Morris Brown negotiating deal to pay down federal debt

The feds are willing to waive Morris Brown College's debt owed due to misappropriation of student loans.  If the deal is approved - the Morris Brown Community will be required to come up with $500,000 in 90 days of fund raising in order to receive a new release on life.

I have donated several times in the past to the cause of MBC even though I have no connection to them.  I am not an alumni.

After listening to a local Black talk radio show about the situation at the college - I am not convinced that there has been enough accountability and contrition from the people who brought down the school.

I just learned that my favorite AME Bishop of all time - Bishop Henry McNeal Turner played an important part in the schools growth and development.

I am going to base my decision to invest any more money upon the information that I find about Bishop Turner's involvement with the school.

No comments: