In the case of the present day claims of RACISM in America a new index and reference point is needed.
In the past the word racism was associated with:
- A Black Man Murdered Or Assaulted, his race as the primary draw of the physical abuse
- A Black Woman Raped as her condition of servitude to economic vulnerability placed her in close proximity to her sexual assailant
- A Black child denied adequate Educational Funding as the same school board channeled the bulk of the funding over to the students who they believed needed the money in order to fill out the unlimited assignments they could achieve throughout the workforce. Since systematic racism kept Blacks at the lower rungs - why educate them, allowing them to believe that they could ever be anything but at the bottom?
- A Black person denied Admissions into some public accommodation. The specter of "White Supremacy" needed to be brought to reality by the presence of certain exclusive places where Blacks who do enter could only be servants that keep the place functioning - never consumers who bask in these amenities
- A court case in which the heavy thumb of one's racial burdens where placed on the scale to tip the balance against his favor. The melanin content of his skin was the most powerful "states evidence" against him