This is NOT my political blog.
My goal is to analyze how the force of politics impacts the conscious awareness of the Black community in its confidence to govern itself in line with its needs that have been voiced during its mutli-generational struggle.
Please note how politicians are reference in the story:
- The Ward Alderman Cocrhan affirms with the community that when he gives permission for the police to come in to establish order that they need to not forget what they are presently advocating for when the pendulum swings the other way and the police become the enemy (again)
- The Mayor of Chicago is observing the situation and has told the Street Pirates to cease fire when a child in in their midst. (Beyond the scope of this UK Telegraph article.....) The local Black talk radio station is accusing the mayor of having violated his campaign promises to get violence under control in THEIR community.
- Police Chief McCarthy has shifted his gang intervention strategy by splitting up his Gang Interdiction squad in exchange for a "Community Oriented Policing" strategy where feet are placed within the community for direct observation and relationship building with the community
- From the perspective of the people: "President Obama needs to be here". Their belief is that the symbolic impact of having the President Of The United States, who's home is within the sound of gun shots from the troubled area - should promote the issue of Urban Violence to the level that First Lady Michelle Obama
- Penn State University
- The Catholic Church
- The Banking System
- A Community Terrorist is destroyed
- A vote for the Machine is created
"Trust in America's Institutions is falling at an alarming rate, and for good reason. The public's reaction has generally been apathetic and insensitive, primarily because most people feel powerless to affect any positive change. Is the news media complicit in this lack of national moral outrage due to its corporate practice of not upsetting the establishment?"