Basically DarkStar argues that the "Black Conservative" should promote the "Good Works" within the Black community rather than their criticism. (I will focus on Conservatives and not "Republicans" as the two terms are not necessarily interchangeable as my AGENDA has nothing to do with advancing a political party. In fact this post will show the problem and limitations of "Party Thinking").
What DarkStar did above would fly over most people's heads. And no - I do not have an unbreakable seal of non-trust with him or anyone else.
If you notice my arguments about SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENTS within the Black community - you will see the preliminary threads of this same argument.
- The very same Black people who can watch from the INSIDE of the "Hurricane Katrina Response" as an evacuee and from the OUTSIDE as a consumer of the news is able to make note of the: SCALE of the THREAT, the INTENSITY of the NEED and the COMPREHENSIVENESS of the RESPONSE...............
- Is then later seen making note of an ORGANIC effort within the Black Community and then abandoning this qualification effort in judgment of the response ...........
- INSTEAD they assume the belief that BLACK PEOPLE ARE BEATEN DOWN ENOUGH AND NEED TO HEAR "GOOD NEWS" - and as a result they sing the praises of the program - without care for SCALE, ENDURANCE, COMPREHENSIVENESS.
- Black when the PBS program "Now" on the air and Bill Moyers handed over the hosting duties to David Brancaccio(Sp?) the show visited the east-African nation of Rwanda to report on its health care system - post-Genocide. Brancaccio glowed as he detailed how an old African woman with a medical bag full of aspirins, a stethoscope and a "First Aid Kit" as she made house calls, mostly to check on pregnant women was a REVOLUTION in "Universal Health Care" for the poor. Of course - during this time just prior to "The Affordable Care Act" - Mr Brancaccio asked "If Rwanda WHY NOT AMERICA"?
- The Nation Of Islam has a summer series in its "The Final Call" oracle by which the last 4 editions of the weekly magazine is chock full of pictures of various NOI mosques around the nation fanning out into the Black community to engage young Black males in an effort to "Stop The Violence". Again - my goal is not to take anything away from them. I am open minded enough (as a Christian) to say that I would rather see a young Black male who's consciousness is being fomented into that of "Street Piracy" to instead become a member of the "Nation Of Islam" and be given some semblance of a purpose rather, regardless of my theological or ideological differences with the group. The point is, however, that while the NOI is indeed engaging the masses with a message that hopes to tamp down upon the VIOLENCE - their greater argument is that the "United States Government is ILLEGITIMATE". Built upon stolen land. Built up by stolen labor. Perpetuated by capitalistic and imperialistic exploitation. The point is not to affirm or deny any of this. THE KEY POINT that most people fail to see is that the NOI and any other "Black Community Governance" group must have its veracity appraised by its competency to PROVIDE GOVERNANCE TO THE PEOPLE OF THE BLACK COMMUNITY - the very "civic services" that they hope to wean Black people away from the "rogue government" that they are so critical of. The USA has a 'GOVERNMENT OF MAN', man-made but "man enforced" to make it look indomitable. In this case as well - the average Black gawkier will look at the photo-op and the brief counselling session from the NOI (or any "Male Outreach Program" from any Christian church) with affirmation and pride. They won't, however "Walk the 4 corners of the PROBLEM scope" and then measure the "4 corners of the SOLUTION" that has made them so proud.
Allow "Affirmation" and even "FAITH" to be that energy that allows you to jump that remaining 2% gap.