Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Gift Of Enlightenment On The "Power Of Imagining A Developed Future", Given To Me By A Retired Army Officer

Neville Goddard - Your Power

Summary:
The test of your power is not what you have built up and someone has destroyed.
When you can REBUILD what has been destroyed because THE VISION IN YOUR MIND'S EYE compels you to RETURN TO YOUR PURPOSE - is the evidence of YOUR POWER.


WOW.
This  line of thinking clarifies so much in my personal life and in the serial debates that I engage in regarding the importance of the "Governance Of Black Community Institutions" through which people are developed as a superior notion to the drive for "Reparations" for past injuries - who some say are the cause of today's dysfunction.


At a recent gathering I had a conversation with a "distinguished gentleman".
He told me about his years of service in the US Army and how he rose to the top of his profession after he learned that he was the primary person responsible for his own future.

He told me about a few works from "Neville Goddard" - a late "philosophical thinker", who he said was instrumental in adjusting his thoughts.

I have been listening to a few of his works and they come at a perfect time.

I have been so focused on "managing crises" at home, at work and among extended family - that I have gotten too far away from my "personal philosophy"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have several of Neville's books in my personal collection. He was generally known simply as Neville.

Like him, I, too, am a mystic, A Christian Mystic to be precise.

That you find his writings to resonate with you on some level comes as a surprise.

Neville would have us find and use our inherent abilities to rise above our human conditions--our imagination being one of those abilities, but not the only one at our command.